• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

[Graphics bug] Opaque red windows and other issues

Yronno

Forum Newbie
Hey gang, thanks for hearing me out. I just installed Battlefield Vietnam from Battlefield 1942: The Complete Collection. I installed the 1.2 and 1.21 official patches from eodmod.org. The game wouldn't launch, so I installed the executable patch from SiMPLE. Now the game launches fine and connects to multiplayer servers, but there are some glaring graphical glitches with weapons as well as air vehicles. Namely, the glass for helicopters and jets is opaque red. (See the images in the spoilers below.)

Opaque red windows and red LAW sight

Red knife

View from the inside of the aircraft
I'm running a Windows 10 machine. I've tried messing with graphical settings (turning off lightmaps and shadows), I've tried compatibility mode for Windows 98 and Windows XP. What's weird is that this issue isn't present in Battlefield 1942, even though it's part of the same CD collection.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Vmax

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Hi Yronno
A few of us have that same issue and it only happens with AMD graphics cards and there is no fix, just a workaround.
when you fly you have to use the nose cam view which works fine but seat swapping in the Cobra is not possible