• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Goodbye 2018

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Since 2018 is nearly over, I thought I'd share some statistics from here and there from HelloClan's point of view.

Website stats from January 1st 2018 till 19th December 2018:

User registrations: 130 (of which spammers were about 16, so more accurately - 114

Forum threads made: 405 (of which spammers contributed at least 26, so more accurately - 379

Forum posts made i.e. replies to threads: 1979 (of which spammers made replies about 13 times so more accurately - 1966

Most users active at once: April 2nd 2018 - 26

--------------------

Admin Actions in Battlefield Vietnam:

Admin requests (Admin chat) and notifications to players: 1605

AFK Kicks: 297

Teamswitching Kicks: 22

Main Raping Kicks: 58

Inappropriate Language Kicks: 19

Disruptive Gameplay Kicks: 9

Reported Players Banned: 85

Kicks & Ban's of evading players: 35

Total kicks & bans: 859 (these include other kicks / bans made by the server itself, protecting us from bad people, so about 334 to be exact).

Amount of time's the Admins have collectively connected to the RM tool: 3047 (not including disconnections, this figure is just connections)

--------------------

Notable moments in 2018 for HelloClan:

On June 8th, RamboFD was appointed Leader of our Rising Storm 2 Vietnam server. Since then it has been steadily building, it even peaked it's player limit a handful of times forcing players to actually wait to have a turn to play on it. Bearing in mind that server has a 64 player limit. It has had some teething issues, but at the time of typing this post, our RS2V server is currently ranked #22 out 279 listed and ranked servers from around the world.

On July 19th, the HelloClan staff decided, to change the way the server was run. This most notably revolved around our Repeat Offenders & Admin actions topics. It was drastically changed with the intent to make things easier for players and Admins alike. Granting Admins more freedom with their decisions in-game, and allowing them to take action when they independently feel necessary. We also made a very big change in terms of legacy, we removed the need to Warn players before kicking then banning them. We had also thrown tried what player(s) had requested time and time again, that is removing certain maps from rotation. The end result was that it just didn't work, but we tried. You can view the changes made from in total from this topic: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/8272/

On December 9th, Vmax was appointed Leader of our Battlefield Vietnam server. The position had actually been empty for a while...full topic explaining (sort of) can be viewed here: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/8633/

--------------------

Some interesting moments of 2018 from around the world and beyond the world:

On February 6th, the worlds most powerful rocket, Falcon Heavy, was successfully launched.

On March 6th, the oldest message in a bottle was found in Western Australia. It had been thrown from a German ship in Paula about 132 years ago. Dated 12th June 1886.

On March 19th, the last male northern white Rhino had died. He was 45 years old and named Sudan.

On April 29th, the Simpsons at 30 Seasons and 649 episodes, is the holder of the highest amount of episodes for a TV series.

On May 8th, at 23.8m high, the largest-ever wave was recorded in the South Hemisphere at Campbell Island.

On June 12th, history was made in a sense, with the summit between President Donald J. Trump & Kim Jong-un.

On July 16th, in outer Space this time, 12 new moons had been discovered orbiting the planet Jupiter. Thus taking Jupiter's moon count up to 79!

On August 16th, the first of it's kind in the world, a floating dairy farm opened in Merwehaven harbour, Rotterdam - Netherlands. With 40 cows milked by robots.

On September 12th, the oldest known human drawing was discovered. It was found in Blombos Cave, here in South Africa and is dated at 73,000 years old.

On September 21st, at 558 million years old, the fossil of Dickinsonia was discovered and dubbed the oldest know animal fossil. White Sea - Russia.

On October 23rd, at 2,400 years old, the world's oldest intact shipwreck - an ancient Greek vessel - was discovered at the bottom of the Black Sea.

On November 5th, NASA's Voyager 2 probe left our solar system. Becoming the second man-made object to reach interstellar space.

On November 14th, at 6 light years away, a Super-Earth planet (roughly 3 times larger than Earth), was discovered orbiting red dwarf Barnard's star.

On December 15th, dated 4,400 years old, the tomb of a Fifth Dynasty priest was discovered in a Saqqara pyramid near Cairo.

-------------------

With a little bit of this and that, I hope this post was not too boring to read. :)

We will continue on as we have, smoothing the road over as we go along. HelloClan has no intention of dropping anything, in fact I have some plans in mind for the near future. It all depends on availability. Battlefield Vietnam will always have a priority with me, although I don't lead it (anymore), it is the first game I've ever played online. It has a special meaning to me, I may not have grown up with it like many of our players have, but I appreciate it no less than any of those that did.

If the plans materialize, the announcements can be expected early 2019. Until then, we march on!

As will all things, see you all somewhere along the line!

Regards
Ice / Shaun

Private Scuttleheck

Forum Newbie
I had no idea about the moons thing. I used to love astronomy and that sort of thing, I even have a pretty nice telescope, havn't taken it out in a few years tho . maybe soon!

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
A slight after thought!

Just to remind everyone that we do live in a crazy world, but a cool world, there is still a Tesla somewhere out there in Space with a dummy in the drivers seat complete with a "don't panic" button. Intended to visit Mars' orbit, and which it has surpassed.

At the time of posting this, the vehicle and it's unwilling occupant is currently sitting at: 338,710,525 km away from Earth, traveling further each moment at a speed of 35,862 km/h. It also 244,522,066 km away from Mars and it's increasing the distance as it aims for the reaches of Space. Also note: The car has exceeded its 36,000 mile warranty 11,623.0 times while driving around the Sun. :D

Say hello to Starman:

Rambo_FD

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Leader
Since 2018 is nearly over, I thought I'd share some statistics from here and there from HelloClan's point of view.
Cool you made such an annual report where we have clan infos / server-stats and even some interesting moments from the ending year.
Was refreshing besides just digging in plain stats, :p

So we can say:
By having our flagship Battlefield Vietnam and a promising future outlook, our clan is ready to set sail for 2019 ;)

SurfinBird

Forum Rookie
Interesting stuff :)

At the risk of sounding a bit nerdy, I love statistics, but you missed out probably one of the most interesting of all (To me at least) - What is the highest number of players that were on the server at the same time this year? And when did this happen?

Bring on 2019!

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Interesting stuff :)

At the risk of sounding a bit nerdy, I love statistics, but you missed out probably one of the most interesting of all (To me at least) - What is the highest number of players that were on the server at the same time this year? And when did this happen?

Bring on 2019!
I was going to do it...but the task of actually finding that out accurately is rather daunting. There is no way to actually see when the highest number of players was online from stats that are available to me. Unless of course I go through each and every single round's event log for the player totals. ;) Can I just tell you - there is a รɦเƭ ton of event logs. Excuse the beeped curse, best way to describe it. :|

It is likely however the last topic that was posted regarding player numbers. Although there were a few Discord posts...

Safe to say that it was around 43 earlier in the year.