Thanks to @SucceededKiller , we are now integrated with Discord!​

What does this mean?​

Well, for starters, designated posts such as ban topic entries, announcements, events etc will be posted automatically to our Discord server. It does have the option to send in the replies too, but I think that might be a bit spammy.

Furthermore, new users can now register / login using the following platforms;

• Discord
  • Reddit
  • Twitch
  • Others may be added in due course.

Also, you can associate these accounts on your profile if you wish by visiting this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/connected-accounts/

Mainly though, I suggest you link your Discord account. What happens when you do that, it will not only integrate your account with our site, it will also allow you to receive notifications for replies etc directly to via DM to you from our site!

It will also sync our Discord groups with the Discord roles. ;)

Further website updates:​

Some other updates for our website, well... it's extra.

All our clan applications are now fully automated. All our applications are now processed via forms:

Take a look at the Battlefield Vietnam application form for example: https://www.helloclan.eu/bfv/apply

*Please note these forms are still bare, I will make them look less boring in due course.

They will automatically create a post in the relevant application forum, with an acceptance message from @HelloClan (please don't message that account :D ) and they will automatically be assigned the relevant user group. This further ensures our requirements are met when applications are being made.

All application links for the separate games can be found now under the "Our Games" tab as seen below:

1620430967361.png

No posts can actually be made in the application sections now, as they are automatically generated by the system. So only responses can be posted. :)

There have also been a few security updates too and also thanks to SK, the annoying Captcha for signing up is gone. There is a captcha...but actual humans can't see it. :D

I'd like to urge everyone to please associate their Discord account. You can also manage your notification settings on this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/preferences

IceSkater

Master Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

UPDATE:​

It's something of a "major one"...

Basically overriding a few posts prior, all HelloClan staff are moving over to a helpdesk type of platform. What does this mean?

• Most administration activity will be done off-site, only ban topics & forum responses made by admins will be seen on the forum.

• Player reports across all our servers will be done via one-singular form (more detail below).

• Feedback, support etc will also be provided by the singular form.

• Server issue reports are also done now through one singular form.

Some users may spot the "Contact Us" popup at the bottom right-hand side of the window on our site. This is across the main spaces of our forum, such as the What's New landing page, the Forum View list and of course all the actual pages - such as our main BFV / BF1942 pages etc.

Through that widget alone, you can do everything you will need to do. However, for those that like something a little bit bigger...

The above link is now our main hub for reports & or help. It has a tiny guide on how it works. We're basically using a ticketing system now and as a result, we only ask for the submitters email address. This will only be used to communicate responses directly to you as it's updated / investigated.

Using the widget or the above link correctly - i.e. selecting the correct staff group and issue - will result in the relevant staff being alerted via email as to the creation of the ticket. The most readily available staff member will then attend to the issue and update it accordingly.

Only HELLOCLAN STAFF members will be privy to the information that is discussed in these tickets (of course the person that submitted the form as well) and only HELLOCLAN STAFF members will see the email address associated with the ticket.

This moved is currently still a bit of a trial as all the staff need to grow acquainted with the setup. The main focus of this change is to a ensure faster responses and greater collaboration between staff members on issues that are brought up for our attention. Plus the slightly less hassle of having members sign in to submit issues...

With this change, comes the removal of the old report-a-player forms I set up along with the report-server issues widget. As all that is accessible via the contact us widget or the report form link mentioned above.

Likewise, all the old links relating to the report forms have been removed or altered to point to the new report page.

A quick link is added now under "Our Games" as seen in the image below:

image_2022-01-21_202057.png

There is also "Report A Player" links on each game page (as before) but they now point to the new report page.

I hope that our members find this change a bit more suitable, I can understand that the email address might be a tiny hiccup, however if one can appreciate that you'd be receiving actual responses now when reporting players or something along those lines, it balances out. ;) And also, I have all the staff on board to respond faster!

Likewise, messages etc sent in from our Facebook & Twitter pages are converted into tickets for faster response by other staff members! Instead of having to wait for myself or LTShaun to respond...

IceSkater

Master Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

THEME UPDATE:​

Howdy everyone,

I've recently been doing a bit of changing around on the styling of the website. Right now I focused on overhauling the Dark theme. It was a bit bland. Please note that if you have been using the old Dark style, it has been removed and you were likely (unfortunately) switched to the Light theme.

Don't worry!

You can select our new "Dark Theme" from the style selection box at the bottom of our website! Please let me know how you find it and if you encounter any bugs with it.