Pipiska

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex

2 map - Hue 1968​

Well done maded ground map - our infantry hunters like that map. These version contain few improvements. Added couple new ground vehicles. Miniguns\mortars placed to better defend flags.

List of changes for Hue 1968

• Added couple new ground vehicles like zippo,nancy,pt76,ontos and other
• Added Miniguns on all flags to better defend - espessialy palace
• Helping hand for captured main base such as NVA Tunnel and USA box will be spawned near main bases
• SVA have car15 with XM148 grenade laucher

USA BASE
USA Base.jpg

VEHICLES
Vehicles.jpg

zippo.jpg

MINIGUN
minigun.jpg

TUNNEL&BOX
BOX.jpg

Tunnel.jpg

Last edited:

toxic2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I just want to add my opinion about the mini guns mounted at the temple.
In my long time experience of fighting for the temple, it has Always been a very difficult task to capture the flag if a good player, basically Any veteran player is defending that temple flag.
Now add mini guns and another person defending that flag, forget about it. Suicide. Mini guns at all angles mounted at temple is just a suicide mission for any and all players attempting a ground assault.
IMO the only way that would work is if you had a spawn above temple, up in the air that the opposing army could spawn from when the other side holds the flag.
SEXY server used to run a version where players could spawn above the temple, but had to deploy their chutes to prevent a sudden death upon impact.

I do like the mobile spawn points, I think those are great ideas, and should be fun.

My soul concern is the mini guns facing all directions from the temple out. I think that is serious overkill, and it wont take long before all the fighting is taking place far outside reach of temple and out of sight of the mini guns.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
I just want to add my opinion about the mini guns mounted at the temple.
In my long time experience of fighting for the temple, it has Always been a very difficult task to capture the flag if a good player, basically Any veteran player is defending that temple flag.
Now add mini guns and another person defending that flag, forget about it. Suicide. Mini guns at all angles mounted at temple is just a suicide mission for any and all players attempting a ground assault.
IMO the only way that would work is if you had a spawn above temple, up in the air that the opposing army could spawn from when the other side holds the flag.
SEXY server used to run a version where players could spawn above the temple, but had to deploy their chutes to prevent a sudden death upon impact.

I do like the mobile spawn points, I think those are great ideas, and should be fun.

My soul concern is the mini guns facing all directions from the temple out. I think that is serious overkill, and it wont take long before all the fighting is taking place far outside reach of temple and out of sight of the mini guns.

If you hadn't angrily quit yesterday when we played on this map, you would have seen that not only miniguns were added, but also a lot of other things that allow you to grind the temple, and this is not a problem if the players are good in both teams. The same was with Reclaiming hue - there also miniguns on temple - and we play very good - you also was there and saw how is it - won't you argue?

Also regarding the history - this temple has always been well guarded.

P.S. BTW - what problem to take tank and take down minigunners? then move to temple as close as possible and start attack on flag? As for spawn over temple - no problem if there other players also think about that like you - we need discus about it - how make it better - and i agree to do that.

P.P.S - also minigunner easy target for snipers - and i saw my own eyes how other players shoot minigunners aswell - and me also)

Last edited:

toxic2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
If you hadn't angrily quit yesterday when we played on this map, you would have seen that not only miniguns were added, but also a lot of other things that allow you to grind the temple, and this is not a problem if the players are good in both teams. The same was with Reclaiming hue - there also miniguns on temple - and we play very good - you also was there and saw how is it - won't you argue?

P.S. BTW - what problem to take tank and take down minigunners? then move to temple as close as possible and start attack on flag? As for spawn over temple - no problem if there other players also think about that like you - we need discus about it - how make it better - and i agree to do that.

P.P.S - also minigunner easy target for snipers - and i saw my own eyes how other players shoot minigunners aswell - and me also)
I didn't angrily quit, i left to check the link ice sent me in discord regarding the event... as i had messaged him shortly after joining the server and having questions, then i made this comment about the mini guns.

Please don't take it offensively, as i do know how much effort and time goes into ssm and modding, so id really like to say nice job on all the maps.

As for the mini guns....they can literally shoot across the map. And at hue as i predicted, the fighting took place all on the outskirts away from the temple until it was the last flag. And then it became slaughter for anyone that tried to get close to the walls.... i mean, thats what literally happened.
Other than that, loved it so i would vote to Keep everything else, just bounce the mini guns.
Overall, it was a fun change up, and the number of people turned up for it was great.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
I didn't angrily quit, i left to check the link ice sent me in discord regarding the event... as i had messaged him shortly after joining the server and having questions, then i made this comment about the mini guns.

Please don't take it offensively, as i do know how much effort and time goes into ssm and modding, so id really like to say nice job on all the maps.

As for the mini guns....they can literally shoot across the map. And at hue as i predicted, the fighting took place all on the outskirts away from the temple until it was the last flag. And then it became slaughter for anyone that tried to get close to the walls.... i mean, thats what literally happened.
Other than that, loved it so i would vote to Keep everything else, just bounce the mini guns.
Overall, it was a fun change up, and the number of people turned up for it was great.

I counted on the much more reusable use of the minigun, but it is static and easy to kill, so the temple was defended at that time mainly with simple weapons, by the way it changed hands several times. So sorry - miniguns wont be removed. Anywasy it is just on event time - next they will be only on mission possible - ofc if we don`t want make event again)

Blueheeler

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score

Al gore found out a few times to sit at the mini gun WILL get your head blown of by a sniper like ME :))))