Pipiska

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex

14 map - Quang Tri - 1972 TOWERS​

So, the original idea was that there would be no flags at all, but to make gameplay more active and prevent players to camping, it was decided to place one main flag on map center for which there will be a fight.
Game starts when both teams start from their towers and must capture the central flag to make the opponent tickets bleed out(and they bleeds fast). Capturing the flag leads to the fact that now you can appear on the flag - closer to the enemy's tower, +2 zippos appear on the flag - for a barbecue)
But the team that captures the flag also receives a logtrap over its tower, which gives the enemy team a chance to destroy the tower. The towers can respawn after 3 minutes, the logtrap respawn after 4 minutes.

Both teams start with towers and USA have nancy NVA have btr60. Couple miniguns over the map to shoot enemy faster)

NOTE - The flags won't splash - but tickets will decrease when you lost flag

MINIMAP
MINIMAP.jpg

USA START
USA Start.jpg

NVA START
NVA START.jpg

MINIGUNS
MINIGUN1.jpg

MINIGUN2.jpg

ZIPPO
ZIPPO.jpg

TOWERS UNDER LOGTRAPS
brevna over towers.jpg

TOWER EXPLODE
TOWER BLOW.jpg

Last edited:

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
hey guys please some active - maybe someone wants to suggest ideas for this map?
For now i see it like alternative spawns from towers on different corners of the map, and one flag somewhere at center - who control flag - make enemy team blood. Or no flags at all - to shoot enemy and get highscore - but most probably with one flag - to make all player concentrate near it meat fight. so i am open for ideas in a few next days, before event launch. cuz we have all maps modded exept this one

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Reaction score
This map is very dark, maybe brighten it up and remove the fog then we can have a city sniper war!

DenalDouglas

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Ugh. Be glad you aren't programming this map to work with bots. They hate it. I had to make a lot more changes than I would have liked just to get them working properly. It was the hardest map of all to get working.

I think you're on the right track with the idea of having no flags at all. It'll encourage a lot of individual and small-unit action across the map instead of forcing everything into one small section. And if you do a single flag, unless the spawn locations are set up just right, it could be next to impossible for the team that doesn't hold the flag to capture it. If I was looking at doing something similar, I would scatter spawns in the buildings throughout the city and maybe add a few ground vehicles that are locked so only the team they spawn for (Patton for ARVN, T-54 for NVA, etc.) can access them and the opponent team can't.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Ugh. Be glad you aren't programming this map to work with bots. They hate it. I had to make a lot more changes than I would have liked just to get them working properly. It was the hardest map of all to get working.

I think you're on the right track with the idea of having no flags at all. It'll encourage a lot of individual and small-unit action across the map instead of forcing everything into one small section. And if you do a single flag, unless the spawn locations are set up just right, it could be next to impossible for the team that doesn't hold the flag to capture it. If I was looking at doing something similar, I would scatter spawns in the buildings throughout the city and maybe add a few ground vehicles that are locked so only the team they spawn for (Patton for ARVN, T-54 for NVA, etc.) can access them and the opponent team can't.
thanks for reply - that idea with locked vehicles - not please the players for sure - it is make sence on flying maps - to prevent stole helis, but on ground map it is no so important
This map is very dark, maybe brighten it up and remove the fog then we can have a city sniper war!
There no way to that by SSM, it is possible to create it by CSM only.

DenalDouglas

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
thanks for reply - that idea with locked vehicles - not please the players for sure - it is make sence on flying maps - to prevent stole helis, but on ground map it is no so important

There no way to that by SSM, it is possible to create it by CSM only.
I guess that makes sense. Doesn't Landing Zone Albany have different kits for sniper only battles? Maybe you could do something like that here too. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do it for the NVA, but for the ARVN you could leave the Assault, Heavy Assault, and Sniper kits but replace the Engineer kits with the US Army Mossberg kit and the Special Forces CAR-15/XM148 kit.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
I guess that makes sense. Doesn't Landing Zone Albany have different kits for sniper only battles? Maybe you could do something like that here too. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do it for the NVA, but for the ARVN you could leave the Assault, Heavy Assault, and Sniper kits but replace the Engineer kits with the US Army Mossberg kit and the Special Forces CAR-15/XM148 kit.
this can be done with ssm, but players will not see the weapon icon, which adds some inconvenience, with the CSM it is possible, but we are talking here about SSM only. about locking - players will be mad when they will not able tp capturing vehicles - this is not necessary, we need more fun instead. But idea with some kits spawned on a map - I also consider it, but again, the potential of spawns is limited by the existing default set, and it is not so many for quang tri 1972

Jum_P

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
You can try to add M500 kit at this map, much covers, low visibility and short distancesv would be perfect for this gun (the same as at jungles). It was always a secret for me why developers not placed this kit at any city/jungle map, and used it at large maps with long visibility range where this gun is almost useless.

DenalDouglas

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
You can try to add M500 kit at this map, much covers, low visibility and short distancesv would be perfect for this gun (the same as at jungles). It was always a secret for me why developers not placed this kit at any city/jungle map, and used it at large maps with long visibility range where this gun is almost useless.
It's solely due to them developing a rigid kit system where the Mossberg was only given to factions that just so happened to never be used on any urban maps apart from Saigon-1968. The mod I'm working on completely abandons that kit system and not only do all Allied factions have access to several types of shotguns, there's a class specifically designed around the shotgun and special equipment that's good for urban combat.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
So map is done - read main post to see improvements

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Reaction score

14 map - Quang Tri - 1972 TOWERS​

So, the original idea was that there would be no flags at all, but to make gameplay more active and prevent players to camping, it was decided to place one main flag on map center for which there will be a fight.
Game starts when both teams start from their towers and must capture the central flag to make the opponent tickets bleed out(and they bleeds fast). Capturing the flag leads to the fact that now you can appear on the flag - closer to the enemy's tower, +2 zippos appear on the flag - for a barbecue)
But the team that captures the flag also receives a logtrap over its tower, which gives the enemy team a chance to destroy the tower. The towers can respawn after 3 minutes, the logtrap respawn after 4 minutes.

Both teams start with towers and USA have nancy NVA have btr60. Couple miniguns over the map to shoot enemy faster)

NOTE - The flags won't splash - but tickets will decrease when you lost flag

MINIMAP
View attachment 2241

USA START
View attachment 2242

NVA START
View attachment 2243

MINIGUNS
View attachment 2244
View attachment 2245

ZIPPO
View attachment 2246

TOWERS UNDER LOGTRAPS
View attachment 2247

TOWER EXPLODE
View attachment 2248
Looks very impressive. Why is this server empty? Most players who don't frequent this forum have no idea what they are missing. I wish we could tell players to go to Mission Possible server everyday. I think if they play these maps a few times, they will be hooked!

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Looks very impressive. Why is this server empty? Most players who don't frequent this forum have no idea what they are missing. I wish we could tell players to go to Mission Possible server everyday. I think if they play these maps a few times, they will be hooked!
We have already gone through this - and together with you also. Very few players can play on a server where there are few online players, everyone wants more players, and they know that there will be more on our main HELLO server. You too was on the BFV Europe server, and after one time play there - I never saw you again. Maps are all from there + some improvements.

I tried to make everything as interesting and balanced as possible with SSM can provide. It took me a lot of effort to make this event take place, if add up all the time that I spend on improvements - it will be a long period of time. Once Barfly say to me that he want play with many people - and after that i think - why i do that all if there nobody play? But i try to end all this efforts with map gameplay uprgrade.
and in the end, now I did everything, I asked for advice and feedback, apparently no one needs it. And yeah we have some good time on a ground event - and yours m79 shoot on a saigon tunnels was very funny - i saw on it very many time and was just happy after that. But there nobody search about - where i can find that gameplay again.... even now when we have it on the same HELLO ip but just another port... why it happens like that? i can`t explain. All I could have done - it is done.

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I suggest that during the event there should be AFK player on the main server with the profile name "Go To Hello Mission Possible Server Event Now".

This is because many players simply don't come to this forum or Hello social media sites. They just go to the main server, play for a while and leave.

If the main server is empty even on the weekend, they don't even think to look around where did all those players go. They don't check Gametracker to see if more players are on another BFV server. They probably think that no one is playing, and leave.

If you keep a AFK players with name "Go To Hello Mission Possible Server Event Now" and another player with profile name: "158.69.118.94:15568" then maybe they will realize that an event is going on another server. I had suggested this idea before but it fell on deaf ears

Yesterday I was in the main server with 9 other players in Landing Zone Albany. I asked all of them to come to Mission Possible server. Tina, Grasshopper, Rbilly, MuscleFish, Tox, Rubber Ducky (whoever that reality is) and a few others were playing. I asked them all by name to come to Mission Possible server.

I even gave out the server IP address and port number in game chat.

Then when the map ended, I went over to Mission Possible server. Nobody came there. I played alone for about 15 minutes, and tried different maps. Even Hastings. Then I left.

Hopefully this event will highlight this awesome server and people will come more often.

IceSkater

Master Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I suggest that during the event there should be AFK player on the main server with the profile name "Go To Hello Mission Possible Server Event Now".

This is because many players simply don't come to this forum or Hello social media sites. They just go to the main server, play for a while and leave.

If the main server is empty even on the weekend, they don't even think to look around where did all those players go. They don't check Gametracker to see if more players are on another BFV server. They probably think that no one is playing, and leave.

If you keep a AFK players with name "Go To Hello Mission Possible Server Event Now" and another player with profile name: "158.69.118.94:15568" then maybe they will realize that an event is going on another server. I had suggested this idea before but it fell on deaf ears

Yesterday I was in the main server with 9 other players in Landing Zone Albany. I asked all of them to come to Mission Possible server. Tina, Grasshopper, Rbilly, MuscleFish, Tox, Rubber Ducky (whoever that reality is) and a few others were playing. I asked them all by name to come to Mission Possible server.

I even gave out the server IP address and port number in game chat.

Then when the map ended, I went over to Mission Possible server. Nobody came there. I played alone for about 15 minutes, and tried different maps. Even Hastings. Then I left.

Hopefully this event will highlight this awesome server and people will come more often.
As Heilig said above...the event is happening on our main BFV server.

It has been mentioned numerous times: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/9831/

It is in the video attached as well to the event, with the time etc of the event as well.

I had suggested this idea before but it fell on deaf ears
Nice. 👎

As for your concerns, the Mission Possible server will be shutdown during the course of the event and started again once the event has concluded. Please do not take it personally if players do not want to play customized maps with you. If they're comfortable on the Allmaps server, they're comfortable. As much as I'd like to see players play on the maps that Pipiska has put so much effort in to making for us, no-one can force the players to choose.

As you say, they will go where the most players are and these players will stay where they are comfortable. The whole idea of the crossover event is to raise awareness of the Mission Possible server. Future events will be held there as well to maintain the interest and ensure that Pipiska's hard work is not underappreciated.

See Al, I do plan things out. :)

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
As much as I'd like to see players play on the maps that Pipiska has put so much effort in to making for us, no-one can force the players to choose.
In no case do I force anyone, it's just that Al is right - the players either don't know or don't want to search, only a few do it. But today we played well, there were 5 of us from time to time, there were was Paranoid, Tina, Grasshoper, und____, some player, [GOTCHA^] GN'R, [TKO]}{agat}{yus and me. We have massacre on saigon tunnels again. it was really hard - cuz now all flags captured from a start - forces swayed from side to side - in the end we won). And by the way there no more mortars and m79)
Sometime i seat on server 2-3 hours - and nobody join..... The same Yeah we will see after event how it will be. And as Ice say on event time mission possible will be off - to avoid confusion, the only thing is that there will be small changes due to the double flag rule - they are not significant.