HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
[Was going to post in suggestions but it seemed to just be for the main server, hope here is appropriate]

One very fun element of the 1.0 version (with FF off) was the push physics from friendly grenades, allowing for Nade-jumps.
This was especially fun on the denser urban maps, adding some great vertical use of the maps (in final year or two of 1.0 there were a few SSM maps that used the rooftops for some of the flagpoints).
I'm fairly sure that those physics were patched out in 1.1 or 1.2 -My question is: is such a thing possible to implement with ssmods in 1.21?

Sidenote: Can't remember anyone doing rocket-jumps during those days, not sure why or if it wasn't possible.

LTShaun

Normal Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Reaction score
You can still mortar jump in 1.21 ;)

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
To be honest, I don’t see the any point in trying to return bug that was fixed by the developers, I think this will negatively affect the gameplay and will not do anything good.

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
Well, for a bug, it was a ton of fun and made a wider use of the (urban) map space, giving ssm modders more options to invigorate some of the old maps. I'm not suggesting this be a feature for all maps, just a single modded map with special rules, for example: I'm sure I saw a Knife fight map in this servers rotation (not actually played it yet, so forgive me if I'm wrong).

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I think you can stand in front of it and blow it up but splash damage would have to be off.